Hiring Organization / Company: Twinkl
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Location: Work from home
Annual Salary: 51 QR per hour
Contract: 15 hours per week, 6 months (subject to extension)
Recruiter: Helen Sushams, Niall O'Gorman and Taha Ahmed
You’ll be helping to build a new team of passionate professionals working flexibly to write content for Twinkl’s emerging Qatar market. This team will create a wide range of resources for use in KG and primary. This will include PowerPoints, display materials, activity sheets, assessments and planning. For this role, the majority of your time will be spent creating content for all ages in KG and primary.
Your weekly activity could include:
- meeting with other Twinkl writers or the Qatar Country Manager to discuss new ideas;
- writing content for the Qatari market;
- developing new product ideas with the Qatar Country Manager.
Qatar is a rapidly growing market for Twinkl. You will have the creative freedom to shape the content we offer to our customers. Our ideal candidate will be going further than writing content by suggesting new product ideas, identifying needs in the Qatari teaching community, sharing their experiences and expertise with others. The successful candidate will be vital in ensuring that these ambitious plans for Qatar become a reality. This is a work-from-home, flexible position, and hours can be agreed between you and your line manager to fit around your current commitments.
To succeed in the role, you will:
- be a fantastic communicator who thrives when working in a close-knit team;
- be focused on collaboration, using feedback to make our resources the best they can be;
- have detailed knowledge of the national curriculum, especially Qatar History & Citizenship, or Islamic Studies;
- have an excellent understanding of the needs of teachers in KG and primary and support staff delivering learning within the classroom or at home.
In this role, you will learn:
- how to create new teacher content for growing our Qatari team, from ideation stage to publication on the site;
- remote collaboration, working closely with team members across this market;
- how to develop greater commercial awareness so we can understand the needs of those we want to help.
You’ll be working with:
- Taha Ahmed (Country Manager - Qatar) - Taha has been working at Twinkl for 6 years. He started as a translator, then moved on to Market Coordinator before becoming Country Manager for Qatar. He loves reading and travelling.
We’re are especially interested in anyone who also meets one, or a combination of the following:
- Qualifications: Relevant teaching qualification;
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ classroom experience, currently teaching or classroom teaching within the last 12 months in Qatar;
- Experience: Knowledge of teaching Qatar History and Citizenship OR Islamic Studies;
- Personal: Do you run marathons? Are you a great baker? Great! Please include this in your covering letter so we can find out more about you.
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career opportunities.
Here’s a couple of the things that make Twinkl a great place to be:
- A friendly, welcoming and supportive culture. We believe work should be fun and always put people before process.
- Flexible working with opportunities to work from home.
- Diversity, inclusion and belonging - our Employee Network Program includes working groups for LGBTQ+, People of Colour, Disabilities (visible and invisible), Women in Tech and Working Parents.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) - Our ever-evolving program includes: Monthly progression reviews, Twinkl’s Management Scheme, commercial awareness training, leadership coaching quads, career chats and mentoring.
- Collaboration across continents! You’ll plug into a global team working to help improve the lives of educators around the world.
Job Location Information:
Date Posted: 2021-09-14
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs at the present time. Typically, you’re going to have no clue where or what to search for within the job market. The good thing is that you’re not on your own. There are a few folks out there who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a industrial center may also be easy if you realize the place to start out. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed below are tips to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are a fantastic and repeatedly overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms repeatedly provide essential training, property, and techniques for process seekers. Those firms can also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little working experience. A simple Web test for job firms to your areashould uncover the place and find out how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations select to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The top goal for that may be to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give corporations the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services can commonly be a faster and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn out to be into an enduring task for the individuals who carry out neatly throughout their operating.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of money while money is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.