Hiring Organization / Company: Michaelpage
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
The client is an international insurance player specialising in supporting clients across marine, engineering, petrochemicals and oil and gas sectors.
Reporting to the CEO, the role will involve the following:
- Develop and oversee the implementation of underwriting and claim managament and review strategic initiatives and operational activities on a regular basis and provide leadership to the staff of the General Insurance
- Department for effective guidance and decision-making.
- Manage the effective achievement through the leadership of the General Insurance Department.
- Oversee the consolidation and recommend the General Insurance department budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget
- Develop guidelines in for underwriting function to ensure that all aspects of risk management, risk exposure, loss prevention and other technical issues are all covered and incorporated by the underwriting section and implemented and reflected on all approved facilities
- Work closely with the Claims Manager to ensure efficiency of the claim process and that all pre-risk surveys, claims surveys, and settlement are documented for proper assessing of financial profit or loss.
- Evaluate claim handling practices and performance to identify vulnerabilities and reveal operational and financial opportunities
- Plans and implement the Company's standards in identifying the element of reinsurance program based on loss potential or severity and resolving matters, relating to cost, policy limits, and types of insurance coverage
- Maintain a smooth and productive working relation with insurance brokers, carriers, and alternate methods of insurance by comparing differing coverage, premiums, policy terms, and other provisions to arrange for adequate insurance protection for the assets of the Company or any of our subsidiaries
- Develop and oversee the implementation of department policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of
- Captive and Reinsurance department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Ensure that all departmental reports of Captive and Reinsurance are prepared timely and accurately
- Provide timely, accurate and complete progress reports to the Chief Executive Officer on the financial and operational progress of the Department and the achieved results.
- Represent the General Insurance team at management, and Board of Directors meetings as and when authorized by the CEO.
- Ensure that the department plans are within the agreed budget and timescales through providing timely, accurate and complete progress report to the CEO on the financial and operational progress of the department.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Economics or related field
- Master Degree in Risk & Insurance Management is a plus
- Professional Certification in various insurance and reinsurance courses such as ACII or CII is an advantage
- 14 - 18 years experience in insurance business with at least 5 years in managerial level in an energy, oil/gas and
- petrochemical environment
- Strong communication skills
- Arabic speakers are preferred
What's on Offer
Excellent compensation and great exposure
Job Location Information:
Date Posted: 2021-09-14
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you will agree that it is among the toughest jobs at the present time. Normally, you’re going to have no clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The great thing is that you’re not alone. There are a number of other folks in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a industrial center can also be easy if where to begin. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are tips to help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an unbelievable and repeatedly overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply crucial coaching, belongings, and methods for job seekers. Those firms can be particularly useful for young job seekers or those with little running experience. A simple Internet test for job firms in your areaought to discover where and tips on how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations make a selection to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal agencies. The top objective for that may be to economize on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give firms the way of screening candidates. Employment products and services can recurrently be a quicker and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise grow to be into a long-lasting task for the people who perform neatly throughout their running.
3. Free job look services and products
This is a waste of money while money is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.