Hiring Organization / Company: Microsoft
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Microsoft's Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+ICE Field Services Engineer,you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our Datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class Cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+Ias part of our global datacenter operations.
#COICareers #Buildthecloud #Changetheworld #WeSeeYou #RepresentationMatters
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
As a successfulCE Field Services Engineer(CEFSE), your performance objectiveswill be to:
- Empower a culture of safety, security,and complianceinall aspectsofourDatacenteroperations??
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment inour leasedDatacenters (MOP/SOP/EOP review,RCAs, FMEAs,change governance, and risk mitigation)
- MaximizeCritical Environment (CE) availability in conjunction with our Landlord partners at our leasedDatacentersand to ensure optimaloperationalefficiency
- Reduce high-impactand human-error Critical Environment (CE)incidents yearoveryear
- Deliver oncost/energy efficiencyinitiatives
- Support delivery of theDatacenter's Emergency Preparedness and Response plansandact as an escalation point for all facilities-related issues within our leaseddatacenters
- Coordinate, plan, schedule, and supervise CE audits and compliance verificationas needed
- Ensureroutine reportingto effectively manage and analyze our Power/Temperature/Relative Humidity, and SLA monitoring
- Establish and enhance strong working relationshipsand engagementwithour Engineering Groups (EGs), and Landlord partners (including contributing to MBRs, QBRs)
- Work with regional and global peers to share and build best practices across the entire datacenter portfolio
- Flexibility to work non-business hours that may include weekends and/or holidaysduring CE disruptions and critical incidents
required skills and experience:
- relevant work experience in a datacenter or other critical environment facility, working with the operation of building cooling, electrical, mechanical and life safety systems, electrical power monitoring systems (epms), branch circuit monitoring (bcm), building automation systems (bas), and battery monitoring systems (bms)
- high school diploma or equivalent
preferredskills and experience:
- bachelor'sdegreeor technical college certification in mechanical or electrical engineering and/or services
- experience working on large scaleceprojects
- experience withthe operation ofit infrastructure (servers, sans, networking, etc.)
background check requirements:
ability to meet microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. these requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- microsoft cloud background check: this position will be required to pass the microsoft cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Job Location Information:
Date Posted: 2021-09-14
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is one of the toughest jobs in this day and age. Usually, you’re going to have no clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The great factor is that you’re not by yourself. There are several folks out there who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a industrial center can be easy if you realize where to start. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed below are tips that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are a fantastic and recurrently overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms frequently supply crucial coaching, assets, and techniques for task seekers. Those companies may also be particularly useful for younger job seekers or those with little working revel in. A easy Web test for job firms to your areashould discover where and the right way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms make a selection to have their positions dispatched via temporal companies. The tip function for that is to save cash on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise provide corporations the best way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can repeatedly be a quicker and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise transform into a long lasting process for the individuals who carry out neatly all the way through their running.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of cash whilst cash is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.